Welcome to PUSET!
Purbanchal University School of Engineering and Technology (PUSET), being constituent Campus of Purbanchal University (PU), is situated in Biratnagar Metropolitan City. It has been established in year 2056 B.S. with an aim to provide quality education to meet the national and international need of the profession
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) program in the year 2056 B.S.
- Since 2070/071 B.S BE Civil Engineering Program, with student capacity of 48 is added to the strength of the engineering programs being run by PUSET
- BE courses in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) program was introduced for the first time in Nepal in this Campus
The Objectives of PUSET are to produce quality engineering manpower, software developers, and IT specialist to fulfill the increasing demand of national as well as international job markets.
Since inception, PUSET is pioneering, among other programs in Science and Technology Faculty, the engineering programs having four years Bachelor of Engineering (BE) course in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Engineering.
It was the pioneer campus to start BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) program in the year 2056 B.S. Later on, Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) program was introduced for the first time in Nepal in this Campus. Afterwards the need of Post graduate programs was recognized very soon and as a result MCA (Master of Computer Application) was started in this campus in the year 2060 B.S.
Mision and Objectives
As an integral part of Purbanchal University, PUSET shares the University’s Mission.
The major objectives of PUSET are: -
1. To produce Engineering manpower, Computer software Developers, and Information Technology Specialists well suited to the national and international job market.
2. To develop the Campus as center of Excellence in the fields of Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Application.
3. To provide consultation services in the related areas.
4. To help students become result-oriented.